In the past 4 months, I've tried quite a few new products. Some have literally become part of my daily routine. Some products, I use occasionally. And many others, I have yet to try.
There are over 70 products available. And let's just say they aren't one-size fits all.
I'm probably not going to need Prostate Support any time soon. LOL
And I love how they categorize their products so it's easy to find what fits your needs simply by clicking on that category... TRIM, WELL, ACTIVE, PERFORMANCE ELITE & SKINCARE.
So here goes on what I personally love...
- Catalyst. Can't say enough about this product. I've taken 3... 3X/day for 4 months. And why have I been so religious about taking it? Because it works. Arms, abs & even quads are more defined... and since my work-out routine hasn't changed in the last 4 months, I can only attribute this to what's changed with my supplement intake. Not only does it repair/protect muscle, but I swear I look/feel less bloated too.
- SYS Eye. Why on earth does their skincare line not get as much attention as Spark??? I've been wearing Clinique All About Eyes for YEARS & YEARS. Cannot say enough about the quality of the SYS eye cream & since it costs a little less than Clinique, I'd say it's a win-win. I also love their SYS Night. It even smells good... almost has kind of a citrus scent. Seriously. Love both.
- Vegetarian Dark Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake. I've tried quite a few of the shake flavors & this one still wins as my favorite. I don't DRINK it daily, but I do eat the protein balls daily that I make with it. It's replaced my dark chocolate addiction. No dark chocolate candy at all since May. And that was a daily thing for YEARS so I'm serious when I say this can help satisfy your sweet tooth without all that sugar. This is also the only shake Bryn can have too since she's allergic to dairy. It's the only vegan shake they offer.
- OmegaPlex. An omega-3 fatty acid. Have you been to your doctor lately? I bet they've told you it's a supplement we should all be taking. Not only is it good for your immune system... but you also get healthy skin, hair & nails too.
- Nighttime Recovery. I've only been using this one for a month, but it's become part of my daily routine. I am completely amazed at how NOT sore I've been since taking it. And considering I haven't been able to get into my massage therapist for a month because he's been totally booked... this is a good thing. I don't recall having a month without some level of aggravating pain in my back/shoulders since I've started teaching. So for this to be working like it is... ummm yes please.
I have other supplements I take daily as well, that are not AdvoCare. And the only reason for that is because I'm trying to use up what I've got before I just throw it away to buy more.
- Rehydrate. I've tried all 5 flavors. My favorite is Red Raspberry, but really it's just a matter of what you typically like, they're all good. And considering I absolutely do NOT like the taste of Gatorade at all (or any other flavored water or sport drinks)... this is a surprise! I'm probably almost DAILY with this, but I also drink some kind of electrolyte water (usually Smart Water) every day too, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on electrolytes if I miss a day. Whether you sweat every day with a work-out or not... women tend to lose more water daily than men just during sleep alone. They say women lose about 1/2 cup of water during the night. Night sweats anyone? Do you have muscle cramping? It's almost always cured with electrolytes. Regular water won't do it. A GREAT product to have on hand that the whole family can benefit from... especially active kids!
- V16. Since I'm in the minority of people who don't drink some kind of caffeinated beverage every day, this rocks on giving a boost of energy + nutrients... minus the caffeine! And it tastes really good. Has a slight fizz to it so it's kind of like drinking an orange soda. I don't need it daily, but there are days when a few more hours of sleep would've been nice & it definitely helps when I drink it!
- Oasis. It's like having a glass of wine without all the calories. Helps you adapt to stress. Pretty sure we could all use this at some point! Tastes really good too. Hell... mix it with your wine & add some more calories if you want. I won't tell. LOL
- O2 Gold. Great product if you're looking for increased endurance during physical activity. It's like having an extra lung... more oxygen. My only problem is that I forget about it & you should take it an hour prior to increased activity. Great to take prior to running or cardio classes like Zumba!
- AdvoBar Snack. A great-tasting chocolate protein bar without all the sugar that a LOT of leading brands have in them. Start looking at labels & seeing what you're putting into your body. If you're eating a Greek Yogurt with 25 grams of sugar in it... you're basically eating a candy bar. READ LABELS. You should have no more than 14 grams of carbs, at least 10 grams of protein & less than 6 grams of sugar. Anything other than that & you've just lost your "health" benefit of a quick snack on the run in between meals.
Less than occasional:
- 24-Day Challenge. I've done this cleanse twice now. They say every 90 days for a cleanse. I love that you can still eat real food while doing this cleanse... because I can tell you right now an all-liquid cleanse would probably never happen for me. This cleanse is also a great way to not only prep you for better nutrient absorption, but it's a great way to re-set your body if you've hit a plateau in your fitness or weight-loss goals. On the flip side it's also a great starting point if you're working on gains in the gym. I'd say most people would like to lose a few pounds though & that is a typical side-effect of this cleanse. I do modify what I personally take when I do this, since I don't use any of their caffeinated products. So I remove the Spark & also use CORE instead of the MNS line.
How about you?
What are your fitness & weight goals? Have you hit a plateau? Have you changed what you're feeding your body? Have you changed up your workout routine? Are you simply looking for better performance or recovery?
We all have different goals & different bodies. Again I say that supplements aren't a one-size fits all approach. They're just a piece of the puzzle that also involves exercise & good nutrition.
I have a group starting a "Fall Into Fitness Challenge." Why wait until the new year to make some resolutions to change your health? How about going into the holidays with a head-start this year! I can help if you're ready to make some simple changes...